To send SMS from email using the GoFax Email to SMS service you require the following:
- An online account with GoFax
- Purchased GoFax Send credits
- Your email address added as an ‘Allowed SMS Sender’ on your GoFax account
Email to SMS sending is fast and convenient and SMS can be sent anywhere you have internet or access to email:
- Create a new email message in any email application / service, e.g. Outlook® or Gmail™
- Enter the mobile number followed by @sms.gofax.com.au in the To: field (Please note : GoFax will not pick up any mobile numbers in the ‘Cc…’ or ‘Bcc…’ fields).
- To Send SMS to a standard Australian mobile number enter email@example.com
- When Sending SMS internationally: For example: If sending SMS to (234) 555-6789 in the Americas (+1 country code), enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- When using body of the email to Send SMS, please make sure your email signature is disabled.
- A single SMS message is 160 characters, including spaces, or less. If your message is over 160 characters in length, each additional 153 characters or part there of will be charged as an additional message. See SMS Character Limit.