To send faxes online using GoFax you require the following:
- An online account with GoFax
- Purchased GoFax Send credits
Using the GoFax Online Fax service, sending a fax is fast and convenient and faxes can be sent anywhere you have access to internet and your GoFax Account:
- Log in to your GoFax secure web portal
- Go to the left main menu "Dashboard"
- Select "Send Fax Service", then select "Send Faxes Online"
- Enter the number/s you wish to send to in the "Fax Numbers" text box. e.g : 0388889998 or 61388889998
- To send the fax in high quality, tick the "Send High Quality" check box. Please note: This attracts an additional 25% charge per page.
- Upload each document you wish to send (multiple files will be processed and sent in order of file uploaded). Click "Choose file" or "Browse" (may vary depending on your browser)
- Select a file you wish to fax, click "Upload"
- If you wish to ensure uploaded document files are deleted after the fax send attempt is complete, tick the "Delete document after fax sent" text box.
- If you wish to include any preamble text as a cover page, tick the "Use Cover Sheet" check box and enter your desired text in the text box below.
- If you wish to send your fax at a specific date and time, under "Send Scheduling", select the Date and Time using the Date/Time picker. Please see Setting your time zone.
- Review your fax details select "Send Now"
Formatting Fax Numbers
When sending a fax via GoFax, all destination fax numbers are required to be formatted as follows:
- Standard Australian numbers should be formatted with the area code and no spaces.
For example: If sending to fax number 1234 5678 in Sydney, you would enter 0212345678 or 61212345678
- International fax numbers should be formatted with the country code, area code, fax number with no spaces. Do not include any overseas trunk codes that you would otherwise add when making an international phone or fax call (0011, 0018, etc.).
For example: If sending a fax to (234) 555-6789 in the Americas (+1 country code), enter 12345556789
- 13, 1300 or 1800 numbers should be formatted as-is with no spaces (e.g. 1300123456) - See details on Manage Send Settings, for managing "Regional dialing rules" on your account.
- When submitting faxes via the online method all files uploaded to GoFax are done via a secure https connection.
- The maximum total files and attachments size must be under 50 MB.
- The Maximum number of pages per fax = 99 pages. (Additional pages available on request).
- View all Service Specifications for further details.