Using the GoFax Online SMS service, sending SMS is fast and convenient and can be sent anywhere you have access to internet and your GoFax Account.
To send an SMS message or broadcast via the portal:
- Log in to your GoFax secure web portal
- Go to the left main menu "Dashboard"
- Select "Send SMS Service"
- Select "Send SMS Messages"
- Enter the mobile number/s you wish to send to in the "Numbers" text box. Ensure you only include one mobile number per line. You can send to multiple recipients, including bulk submissions. Do not include spaces within any numbers.
- Enter the Sender ID / virtual number for the sending in the "Sender ID / Virtual Number" text box. (Please note: The maximum number characters you can enter in this field, including spaces, is eleven (11 characters). e.g enter a mobile number to receive a response, you can use a short code for your business name e.g. 'My Company'. Phone numbers are unable to be used as a SMS Sender ID unless it is a mobile number.
- Enter the text of your message in the "Message" text box.
- Review your SMS details and select "Send Now".
Please note: A single SMS message is 160 characters, including spaces, or less. If your message is over 160 characters in length, each additional 160 characters or part thereof will be charged as an additional SMS message. View SMS Character Limit.
Formatting fax numbers
When sending a SMS via our system, we require that all destination mobile numbers be formatted according to the rules below:
- Standard Australian Mobile numbers should be formatted with the zero or 61
For example: If sending mobile number, you would enter 0412345678 or 61412345678
- International numbers should be formatted with the country code and number with no spaces.
For example: If sending a SMS to (234) 555-6789 in the Americas (+1 country code), enter 12345556789.
- Any marketing SMS broadcast, whether by a commercial, not-for-profit or charity entity, must comply with the Australian Spam Act 2003 or relevant destination country legislation. We recommend that you review your requirements and ensure any broadcast SMS is reviewed for compliance prior to sending.
- Sending to some numbers (international, premium, etc) may attract a higher rate.