Simple vs Complex Number Ports
When a fax number can be ported between approved carriers it will fall within either of these 2 types of ports:
CAT A, otherwise referred to as a 'Simple' port. In telecommunications terms, it generally refers to (but is not limited to):
- single fax numbers associated with a PSTN line or stand-alone connection and/or plan on that fax number service. There should be no other services connected to the fax number and its plan with the 'losing carrier'.
- numbers which are delivered on an ISDN/PRI service
- multi-number ports
- number range ports (100/10 ranges)
- some numbers hosted with virtual fax services
- numbers currently on an Optus® Loop service
- numbers currently on a Telstra® DOT service
See GoFax Fax Number Porting pricing for port costs, rejection fees and other porting related charges.