In some instances, it may be necessary to block attachments from becoming fax pages when using the email-to-fax method for sending faxes.
Our fax send system accepts a variety of file types; see Accepted Fax Send File Types.
To block attachments/file types from becoming fax pages:
- Log in to your GoFax secure web portal
- Go to the left main menu (Dashboard)
- Select -> Send Fax Service
- Select -> Manage Send Settings
- Select -> Blocked Attachments
- In the Add a new attachment type field, enter filename.
- Click -> Go
💡 To block a file type, you may enter a wild card. I.e. *.gif
This will block any file attachments with file extension .gif from sending as a fax document.
⚠️To avoid additional charges on outbound faxes, please ensure that your email auto signature has been disabled/removed before sending email-to-fax. Alternatively, add the auto signature file type as a wild card blocked attachment by following the steps above.