By default, GoFax securely stores the page content of each fax received for the last ninety (90) days. There is an optional feature called "Delete Data", otherwise known as "Auto Delete". When activated on each individual fax number plan, GoFax will delete the page content of all faxes received immediately after they have attempted to be emailed or FTP pushed.
To access this setting:
- Log in to your GoFax secure web portal
- Go to the left main menu (Dashboard)
- Select "Receive Fax Service", then select "Manage Fax Numbers"
- Select the number you wish to modify from the “Choose a number” drop-down menu.
- Under "Delete Data", tick the option "I acknowledge that receive fax content will be deleted by enabling this setting".
- Click "Save Changes".
Please note: If you enable this setting the received faxes will be deleted and are non-recoverable. If for any reason your receive system (email, FTP push, web push, etc) is not available and does not receive the fax we will not be able to recover the fax content.
Contact us for further assistance.