The GoFax print driver allows you to:
- Print to Fax.
- Fax to Print.
GoFax Print Driver system requirements:
Operating system: Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit version)
Disk space: 50MB of available disk space
Memory: 128MB or above
Printers Supported: All-in-one or multifunction printers
Installing the GoFax print integration application:
- Login to your GoFax secure web portal
- Select "Integrations" from the left main menu and click "GoFax Print Driver"
- Click "Download". The download will start automatically and be saved to a specified location on your computer. By default, this will be your downloads folder
- Use the downloaded installer file to install the GoFax print driver to your computer by selecting the installer file and double clicking to open
- Double click or right click and select "Install" to start the installation progress
- Select the "Create a desktop shortcut" check box or the "Create a quick launch shortcut" check box to add a shortcut to your desktop. This is optional. Click "Next"
- Ensure that all installation details are correct and click "Install"
- At the final step, click Finish.
- We recommend to restart your computer once the GoFax Print Driver has been installed, you will be able to access the GoFax Print Driver settings from your computer. You can enable or disable both Fax to Print and Print to Fax functions here
Generating an API Access Token:
- Once logged into the GoFax dashboard, select "My Account" on the left navigation and "API Access" from the dropdown menu
- Enter a name for the API Access Token (optional). For the Printer Driver functionality to work successfully, please leave the expiry blank and delete data unchecked
- Click "Add Now"
Note: If delete data is enabled, it will allow you to delete a fax document once it is sent from the account.
Print to Fax settings:
- In the Print to Fax section of the GoFax Settings window, copy the API Access Token you have created and click "Save". The API Access Token is accessible via your GoFax Account.
Fax to Print settings:
- If you would like to use Fax to Print, select the checkbox in the Fax to Print section of the GoFax Settings window, copy the API Access Token you have created and click "Save". The API Access Token is accessible via your GoFax Account
Note: to use the GoFax Fax to Print function successfully and without error, we recommend the GoFax Print Driver only be installed and accessed on one computer.
Additional settings available:
- To enable automatic desktop notifications when a new fax has been received, select “Show notification when new fax arrives”
Note: Please ensure to click "Save" once you have updated the settings accordingly.
Once the GoFax Print Driver has been successfully installed, it will be accessible via the Start menu on your device or the System Tray.
System Tray Menu:
- Settings – This option will open the GoFax settings window
- GoFax website – This will open the GoFax website in the default browser
- Help – This will open the Support page of GoFax in the default browser
- Exit – This option will quit the GoFax application and exit
To uninstall the GoFax Print Driver from your computer:
- Go to control panel or settings on your computer
- Select Programs and Features or Add/Remove programs
- Select the GoFax Print Driver and click "Uninstall"
Note: you will need administrator access to install the GoFax print driver.